Lebanon Western Boone
Joint Services

Frequently Asked Questions

Click a question below to review the answer.

Who do I contact for special education questions?

You can call our office and talk to the Director or Assistant Director. You can also call the school your child attends or will attend and talk to the principal.

I think my child has a disability.

Contact your child's school to request a special education evaluation. Within 10 school days, a multi-disciplinary team will assemble to review all available information to determine if a special education evaluation is needed based on a suspected disability.

My child is not yet 3 years old, who do I contact?

First Steps is Early Intervention System for infants and toddlers with special needs for delays in developmental areas such as speech, language, fine or gross motor skills, social or emotional skills, or cognitive ability. Call (765) 420-1404.